Check eligibility and get an understanding of what it means to hold a LTC.
- Eligibility GC 411.172 or Page 5 of the LTC-16 2018 Revision
- Application GC 411.174 or Page 8 of the LTC-16 2018 Rev
- Handgun Proficiency Requirement GC 411.188 or Page 17
Meet the minimum educational requirement to qualify for a Texas License to Carry by attending a Righteous Defense LTC Class.
- Bring the required material to the class.
- 4 to 6 hours of instruction GC 411.188.b
- Live shooting proficiency demonstration GC 411.188.d
Submit your application to the DPS by following the online applications steps for “New User”.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Valid driver license or identification card,
- Current demographic, address, contact, and employment information,
- Residential and employment information for the last five years (new users only),
- Information regarding any psychiatric, drug, alcohol, or criminal history (new users only),
- Valid email address, and
- Valid credit card
Upload the checklist materials sent to your email AFTER your application was completed. Potential documents include:
- The LTC-100 given to the student by the instructor after the LTC Class.
- Other supporting documentation (i.e. proof of military service for discounts etc.)